British Columbia, Canada
Located in Vancouver’s busy Crosstown neighborhood, The Post building occupies a full city block. It was built in the 1950s to serve as the Main Post Office. Today, it’s a Vancouver icon, historic landmark, and a vibrant multi-use building.
- Energy savings
- Cost savings
- Connectivity to the building management platform with BACnet
The customer wanted a centralized lighting control system that gave building management more control over the building’s lighting and, as a result, generate energy and cost savings. The request was for a new lighting control system that was:
- Open protocol
- Capable of communicating BACnet into the overarching single pane of glass building management platform
- Able to provide additional services, such as people counting, to building tenants
- Ready with OEM options for sensors and API to integrate the data collected into another software to do the actual people counting
The customer had used Cooper Lighting Solutions’ WaveLinx Pro Wireless system in previous projects and had great success with it so, not surprisingly, for this project they selected the proven winner along with additional Cooper Lighting Solutions products:
- WaveLinx Pro Wireless is a connected, scalable, and smart digital lighting system
- Trellix Platform leverages the data collected by your sensors and delivers meaningful, actionable insights
- WaveLinx Pro offers all the functions to meet applications from a floor to a complex
Bill of Materials
- 195 Power DualTech Occupancy Sensor
- 468 DALI Occupancy PIR and Daylight Sensor
- 23 Low-Voltage Wallswitch PIR Motion Sensing
- 47 Power Wallswitch Motion Sensing
- 254 2-Wire Digital Wallstation
- 116 Digital to Analog 0-10V/Relay Converter
- 138 Power Wired Sensor Powerpack
- 296 DALI Wired Field Relay
- 5 DMX Controller
- 254 Room Controller
- 13 Wired Area Controller
- 22 Wireless Area Controller
- 1 Locate (RTLS) Sensor
- 1 Lighting App
Energy savings: provided by quality lighting and utilizing the system zoning option.
Cost savings: provided by BACnet communication and API sharing info on the building network.
Lower maintenance: WaveLinx has fewer components and fewer points of failure than our competitors.
Easy deployment: our many choices of luminaires with sensors, stand-alone sensors, as well as OEM options add a lot of flexibility to implementing lighting designs.
Ease of use: building security and maintenance teams get quickly up-to-speed on how to control the lights.
Cooper Lighting Solutions was the only controls vendor able to cost effectively meet QuadReal’s stringent Digital Enablement RequirementsMatthew Macwilliam, QuadReal | The Post Building Management
Smart IoT Solutions Used
See how WaveLinx Wireless - a distributed wireless lighting control system - lowers the cost of install by up to 40% by eliminating the need to run wires to control devices.
IoT platform providing actional insights from aggregated data to improve operational efficiency