November 13, 2023
Your internet browser isn't supported.
What lighting contractor doesn’t hate callbacks? Callbacks take up valuable time and money.
Here’s a shortlist of ways to decrease your callbacks and support your reputation as a lighting contractor that gets the job done right the first time.
1. Use quality products and materials.
We all know the saying, “You get what you pay for.”
To minimize the risk of callbacks and ensure your customers are happy with your work, use quality products and materials that are appropriate for the specific project.
2. Offer customers selectability.
Selectability in residential lighting allows you to provide your customers with tailored lighting solutions that meet their preferences. Consider lighting with selectable color temperature and/or lumen (wattage) switches to help homeowners feel more in control of their lighting.
3. Choose products with dual mounting options.
Take a page from the Boy Scouts and be prepared. Look for fixtures with 2-in-1 installation options so you’ll have what you need on hand regardless of the mounting type - canless or recessed. Plus, having fixtures with 2-in-1 installation options will take up a lot less room in your truck.
4. Look for lighting products with warranties.
Warranties provide peace of mind for contractors and homeowners. They’re an assurance of quality and fewer product defects and failures – and fewer callbacks. To get the most out of product warranties, you should consider:
- Registering products for warranty coverage (if required by the manufacturer).
- Educating homeowners about the warranties and providing warranty documentation.
- Keeping records of the products used in each project to facilitate warranty claims.
- Monitoring and staying up to date on the warranty terms and conditions to ensure compliance.
Learn more about high-quality, high-performance HALO lighting solutions, including products that offer selectability and 2-in-1 mounting options. HALO lighting solutions are known for their fast, easy, and reliable installation as well as our 5-year guarantee.